WARRENSBURG, Mo. (March 13, 2019) – Central Missouri Mules Baseball ended their season-long 15-game homestand with an emphatic 12-4 win over Rockhurst Wednesday afternoon. Central Missouri scored 12 unanswered runs at one point to move to 14-7 on the season.
• It didn’t start well for the Mules and starter Collin Jones who gave up three runs in the first two innings. The first two batters of the game reached and came around to score in the first. They scored a third run on a passed ball in the second.
• The Mules bounced back quickly though with two in the second. A wild pitch brought home Harrison Schnurbusch with the first run and Donovan Ditto singled home Michael Sinks with his first RBI of the day.
• UCM took the lead in the fourth scoring three runs on five hits. Ditto, Cole Taylor and Alex Madera all had RBI singles.
• Erik Webb and Michael Sinks busted it open an inning later with two long solo home runs to left.
• As the Mules bullpen continued to put up zeros, UCM added three runs in the seventh and two in the eighth. Two errors allowed all three runs to score in the seventh. Micah Evans had an RBI infield single, Ditto an RBI ground out and Zak Whalin an opposite field single to right to score Evans.
• Madera and Sinks capped the scoring for UCM in the eight as Madera knocked a long double to left center and Sinks poked a single to score Harrison Schnurbusch to give the Mules a dozen.
• Rockhurst got an RBI double in the ninth for the games final run.
Mules Stat Leaders
• Michael Sinks picked up four hits, just the second Mule to do that this season. He was 4-5 with a home run, two RBI and three runs scored.
• Erik Webb also went yard and scored two runs.
• Zak Whalin reached base with three hits and scored one and drove in a run.
• Donovan Ditto drove in three runs and reached base with two singles.
• Collin Jones started and went 4.1 innings allowing three runs (two earned) on seven hits with four strikeouts.
• Tyler Kuhlmann got the win out of the pen lasting 1.2 innings giving up a hit and two walks.
• Chase Plymell and Eric Lindsay each threw 1-2-3 innings.
For the Hawks
• Tommy Kraus collected two hits and scored a run.
• Nathan Mark and Connor Ellefson each had a hit and an RBI.
• Griffin Fletcher lasted three innings allowing two runs on four hits.
• Jonathan Fink entered and took the loss, allowing five runs on eight hits in three innings.
News and Notes
• Erik Webb extended his hitting streak to 20 games with his fifth inning home run. His home run also put him in the UCM top-10 all-time with 26.
• The Mules bullpen threw 4.2 innings allowing jus one run on three hits.
• Three of UCM’s 10 RBI hits went to the opposite field.
• Luke Mercer made just his third appearance of the season and first since February 8.
• Tyler Kuhlmann’s win was the first of his UCM career.
• Six different Mules recorded at least one hit and scored one run.
• Central Missouri went 12-3 during their 15 game homestand.
• The Mules will go on the road this weekend for an MIAA series with Southwest Baptist. First game is set for 3 p.m. Friday, March 15.