WARRENSBURG, Mo. (Nov. 30, 2019) – Central Missouri Mules Basketball scored a season-high of 82 points against Central Christian on Saturday afternoon in the Multipurpose Building. Michael Winger shot 87.5% from the field and 83.3% from the three-point range to led the Mules offense with a career-high of 21 points.
How it Happened:
• Central Missouri gained control the lead against the Saints in the 18th minute and continued to hold a lead for the rest of the game.
• With a 18-9 lead at the 12:58 mark in the first half, a made three by Winger began a Mules 13-0 run that was ended by a Clifford Detiege layup with 8:22 left to play in the first half.
• A last second offensive rebound and a layup by Gaven Pinkley sent the Mules into the half with a 47-21 lead over the Saints.
• Central Missouri continued to grow their lead throughout the second half with their biggest lead of the game being a 40 point advantage with 3:41 left to play.
• The Mules went 32-69 from the field for 46.4% and finished 10-33 from the three-point range for 30.3%.
• Central Christian hit 20-59 from the field for 33.9% and made just two of their 18 attempts from beyond the arc for 11.1%.
• Central Missouri capitalized on the Saints mistakes, scoring 28 point off Central Christian’s 17 turnovers.
• The Mules also won the rebounding battle over the Saints 45-32.
Leading the Mules:
• Winger’s 21 points against the Saints is a career-high for redshirt junior. Winger hit 7-8 from inside the arc, 2-2 from the free throw line and recorded a season-high of five three’s on six attempts.
• Pinkley scored in double-figures for the fifth game this season. The 6-9 sophomore also shot 87.5% from the field and 2-2 at the line to finished with 16 points against the Saints. Pinkley also brought down seven boards.
• Joshua Greer went 5-8 from the field, 2-3 from the three-point range and 1-2 at the line to total 13 points.
• Greer also lead the Mules defense with eight rebounds, four offensive and four defensive.
• Daniel Farris lead the Mules with six assists while also recording a season-high of five steals.
For the Saints:
• Detiege lead Central Christian’s offensive with eight field goals to total 18 points against the Mules.
• Detiege also recorded the Saints team-high of nin rebounds, five offensive and four defensive.
• Josh Crawford lead the Saints with three assists while also recorded six rebounds.
News & Notes:
• Thirty-five of the Mules 82 points against Central Christian were scored from players off the bench.
• Dillon Blain and Dawson Jones each recorded their first points of the season against the Saints. Jones was 1-1 in the paint while Blain hit 2-4 from inside the arc and 1-3 from outside.
• Garrett Luinstra totaled a season-high of seven points and and five rebounds against the Saints.
• Central Missouri now leads the all-time series against Central Christian 2-0.
The Central Missouri Mules and the Jennies open MIAA play on Thursday, Dec. 5 at home. The Mules are set to tip off against Missouri Western at 7:30 p.m. in the Multipurpose Building.